PTO Meeting Minutes - August 23, 2012

posted Sep 20, 2012, 3:45 PM by John Seabreeze   [ updated Sep 20, 2012, 3:45 PM ]

NBMS PTO MEETING MINUTES

August 23, 2012

1. Opening at 7:00pm

a. Officers in Attendance: Joanne F (President), Peter W (Treasurer), John S (Secretary)

b. Other in Attendance: Gretchen G, Amy T, Kathy J, Jill C

2. Treasurer Report

a. Peter reported that he has reorganized tracking of expenses in 2010-2012 to better comply with filing tax returns.

b. Amy noted that new signature cards will need to be done for Joanne & Peter.

3.

Update on PTO Meeting Schedule for School Year 2012-2013

a. Joanne shared tentative dates for open meetings: 9/20, 10/18, 11/15, 12/20, 1/17, 2/21, 3/21, 4/18, 5/16, 6/20.

b. Suggested timing: 7pm Officers, 7:30pm Open.

c. Ski/Snowboard Club agenda items during each meeting.

4. Update on Taxes and 501c3 for PTO

a. Joanne shared that taxes have been mailed and 501c3 application will be mailed this weekend.

5. Update on PTO Insurance

a. Joanne summarized history of coverage. John volunteered to work with Joanne to review existing policy and quotes prior to October 2012 renewal.

6.

Ski/Snowboard Club Dates

a. Joanne shared dates for ski club nights: 1/4, 1/11, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, (3/1 make-up, since 2/15 is holiday weekend, and 2/22 is early release day).

b. Attendees agreed by consensus to rename Ski Club as Ski/Snowboard Club.

7. Ski/Snowboard Club Planning (Lead)

a.

Open House at Liberty: 9/13 (Kathy)

i. Kathy shared history of registration process, and pros/cons of online. Group discussed a number of options:

1. Repeat online process (with supposed improvements).

2. Move back to paper. Look into having two checks vs. one check to simplify treasury/taxes.

3. Request Liberty to send reps to handle registration; possibly take credit cards too.

4. Set-up several (6+) laptops for parents to do online at NBMS.

ii. Kathy will review options with Liberty staff and report back to group.

b.

Preparation for Parent Information Night: Tentative 9/26 (Joanne)

i. Joanne to coordinate agenda and speakers.

c.

Ski Club Registration and Bus sign up Night: Tentative 1st/2nd Week of Oct (Kathy)

i. Kathy to select dates and coordinate process.

ii. Suggestions included having all forms checked in hall while people wait in line; limiting group registration to certain # of forms per adult (i.e., 4).

d.

Parker Award (Gretchen)

i. Gretchen volunteered to lead the process. At least 4 volunteers are needed. Joanne and Jill volunteered also.

e.

Care Card Program (TBD)

i. Not discussed.

f.

Coordinate Chaperones and Run Bus Detail (John & Peter)

i. John and Peter volunteered to coordinate chaperones and run bus detail.

ii. Joanne to provide history and best practices. Discussion centered around mixture of skiers/non-skiers, team players, good communicators with children, and committed people.

g.

Junior Chaperone Program (Joanne)

i. Joanne volunteered to lead this program.

h.

Manage POD (Gretchen)

i. Gretchen volunteered to manage POD (with assistance from Peter who pays for it, and Joanne who orders it) and be there for drop off and pick up of it

ii. Gretchen will work with Mio to have shelves put in POD

iii. Gretchen will staff/or coordinate staffing of Friday morning for drop off of equipment at POD

i.

Communication (Gretchen, Joanne, & John)

i. Gretchen will answer/forward all incoming email

ii. Gretchen and Joanne will post ski/snowboard club announcements to NBMS Listserv

iii. John to manage updating of website. Joanne to provide training.

j.

Reserving buses (Joanne)

i. Joanne to reserves buses.

8. Closing at 8:15pm

a. Minutes recorded by John S, Secretary.

Comments