posted Jan 14, 2015, 6:36 AM by North Bethesda Ski Club
Second Ski Club Trip This Friday, January 16, 2015!
Yes! We are going skiing this Friday. If you have any questions not covered in the packet or this e-mail, please e-mail email@example.com
. We will try to answer within 24 hours.
Friday Morning Equipment Drop-Off
Friday morning between 7:15am - 8:00am in the lower parking lot by the tennis courts, we will be accepting bags and ski equipment for storage. Any bag NOT tagged last week must be tagged this week.
It will go so much faster because of tagged bags. Please be considerate of non ski club drivers by not blocking the entrance to the school, nor using the main drop off area for ski club. Go all the way to the tennis court parking lot.
If school opens 2 hours late, morning equipment drop off is 9:15-10.
Being Ready to Ski/Board this Friday...
Temperatures are predicted to be in the 20's in Carroll Valley, PA (home to Liberty Mountain). Be sure to have your student bring appropriate cold-weather gear for those temps! It is always colder there than in Bethesda, so don't let the temps here fool you. Some suggestions:
- Appropriate winter/ski clothing - including helmet, coat, gloves, ski goggles, and face mask or bandana. (Cold weather skiing is better when covering your face).
- A plan for before-school drop-off of equipment/bags.
- A plan for after-school food/drink.
- A plan for dinner money while skiing. Click here to learn about loading money on your student's Night Club Card.
- A parent-student conversation about decision-making. (See pg.4 of info pkt.)
- A plan to pick-up your student at 11:00-11:05pm Friday night.
- Hopefully not necessary, but your availability to drive up to Liberty or a hospital in case of medical emergency so that you can drive your student home.
As a reminder, if schools are closed or close early, no ski club.
Lessons are Awesome!
If your student's Night Club Card comes with Lessons, they are at 5:45pm or 7:00pm. Instructors will be punching their lift tickets with the Liberty Mountain logo to prove they took a lesson. This allows you to have proof if you need it with the punched ticket. We highly encourage lessons, especially for beginners. Perhaps you can create an incentive for your child to take lessons?
Chaperones & Junior Chaperones
NBMS Parents and WJ upper-classmen will be serving as chaperones on the trip. Responsibilities for chaperones and students are clearly outlined in the information packet. Your student is responsible for his/her behavior and safety. Chaperones serve as guides, not supervisors, throughout the trip - especially once at Liberty Mountain. Please have a discussion with your child about smart decision-making, for everyone's sake. Safety is our #1 priority - make sure it's your child's as well. Thanks!
Still Need Your Night Club Card or Helmet?
If your student did not pick up his/her or a family member's Night Club Card or helmet, we will have them at afternoon loading on 1/16/15. Please have them go to their bus and ask the lead chaperone on that bus for the card/helmet.